AVEVA Pipeline Operations
About Pipeline Operations
In the competitive transportation market, it is crucial for pipeline companies to effectively and efficiently operate their pipelines in real-time. At the same time, they have to ensure that pipeline controllers possess a strong situational awareness. Pipeline companies must be certain that the plan for moving the product through the pipeline is being maintained. They also have to ensure that all information is being logged appropriately, for both business and regulatory requirements. This is where our Liquids and Gas versions of Pipeline Operations is of assistance.
A pipeline company possessing only a generic SCADA system has only a few tools with which to assist the pipeline controller in operating the pipeline in real-time. As a result, the pipeline controller must perform many tasks manually, which can jeopardise safety, productivity, as well as customer satisfaction.
Pipeline Operations Features
Pipeline Operations equip users with everything they require in order to efficiently manage real-time control room operations. It also provides liquids and gas operations visibility that is not possible when using a generic SCADA system. Pipeline Operations solves this challenge by bringing pipeline visibility to the control room. It gives pipeline controllers the operational awareness they require in order to manage their pipeline with greater efficiency.
- Track batch movement and predict batches’ estimated time of arrival (Batch Tracking).
- Manage net and gross volumes of fluid within tanks, based on telemetered tank levels.
- Support the safety of operations by validating that the correct commodities are in the right place, before executing commands.
- Using API standards, users can determine net-metered volumes and flow rates for each point of measurement on the pipeline.
- Calculate and display hydraulic profiles in real-time. This includes pressure, head, flow, viscosity, density and diameter along the pipeline.
- Offer the capacity for storing, viewing and editing pending, active and completed tickets.
- Calculate and summarise real-time flow measurements from the SCADA system, so ensuring pipeline integrity and optimising operations.
- Measure flow and quality in real-time, in order to enable business responsiveness
- Calculate line pack in real-time in order to add to measurement history, for the comprehensive management of operational commodities.
- Optimise and monitor the performance of compression facilities (such as centrifugal compressor units) in order to minimise operating expenses.
- Represent key operational data associated with gas contracts. This includes daily nomination, expected hour-by-hour profile, end-of-day volume, as well as remaining time to meet accumulated volume.