- Streamline your project processes, boost collaboration and cut schedules with integrated engineering and design.
- Enjoy the flexibility of solutions that are available in the cloud – on-premise and as SaaS.
- Maximise the use of laser scanning and 3D data capture in your enterprise
- Reduce overruns and manage risk with integrated Enterprise Resource Management.
- Enhance partner relationships and manage risk through an integrated contract management platform.
Create. Optimise. Transform
Enhance processes, maintain compliance, create new products and optimise existing production processes.
Making chemicals projects and manufacturing faster, safer and smarter has always been the objective
That is why the world’s leading chemical companies depend on AVEVA to actively drive value, agility and sustainability throughout their asset lifecycles.
Contributing around 5% to South Africa’s gross domestic product (GDP) and approximately 25% of its manufacturing sales, the chemical industry is of considerable economic significance to the country. The largest of its kind on the continent, SA’s chemical industry is highly complex and extremely diversified, with end products often composed of a number of chemicals which have been combined in some way, in order to provide the required characteristics and properties.
Particularly prominent is the synthetic coal and natural gas-based liquid fuels and petrochemicals industry, with South Africa being the global leader in coal-based synthesis and gas-to-liquids (GTL) technologies. The primary, as well as secondary sectors, are dominated by Sasol (through Sasol Chemical Industries and Sasol Polymers), Dow Sentrachem and AECI. Recently, these companies have expanded and diversified their interests in tertiary products, especially those products with the potential for export.
Optimise Capital Projects
Own and manage your plant data intelligently throughout the asset lifecycle, regardless of whether you are working on a brownfield asset or constructing a new chemicals facility.
Safer, Smarter Operations
Manage risk, reduce waste, minimise safety incidents and manage agile chemicals production with instant access to accurate, integrated data in your day-to-day operations.
We offer solutions to
- Manage your remediation projects and minimise unit costs through the use of intelligent information management.
- Use an agile, integrated process simulation for the monitoring and optimisation of yields, ensuring quality compliance and operational efficiency and controlling your energy use and emissions.
- Streamline your partner relationships with Supply Chain Management and Workflow Management.
- Empower your business with complete operations technology through Enterprise Asset Management
- Continuously improve your engineering, processes, operations and maintenance.
These tools can be combined with integration technologies, as well as real-time contract analytics software.
Chemicals Industry – Current Challenges
Increasing the plant or facility’s Sales Value Of Production (SVOP)
This concerns making a contribution to sustainability through the easing of environmental, health and safety compliance concerns. These are issues that are being given increasing consideration by business leaders in this sector.
- Improvement of asset utilisation
- Waste reduction
- Increasing yields
- Easier and faster data analysis and knowledge management
- Improving workflow and collaboration
- Improving profitability
- Decreasing variability in process performance
- Improving agility and the response to operational variances
- Capitalising on new technologies (e.g. the IIoT)
- Increasing production capacity
- Reducing inventory (and the necessity for stockpiling)
A Transformation in the Optimisation of Capital Projects, Assets, Processes and People
There is a Digital Transformation underway in all sectors of the chemicals market at present. However, the digitalising of your capital projects and manufacturing plant is only the first step towards increasing your supply chain’s agility. In addition, digital transformation makes it possible for your organisation to improve and grow plant operational business practices, so driving higher levels of collaboration, standardisation and agility.
This approach involves the utilisation of people and processes, as well as technology, in order to deliver improved performance, reliability and agility. Find out more about some of AVEVA’s Digital Transformation customer strategies.
Maximise Your Asset
- Create new, or optimise high-margin products or processes to enable lower cost-per-unit.
- Increase the agility for differentiated chemicals.
Optimise the Process
- Reduce production costs for commoditised chemicals.
- Integrate production with supply chain, to facilitate higher asset utilisation.
Empower the People
- Equip new operators with increased mobility and automation.
- Reduce time-to-knowledge and increase retention.
Digitise the Plant
- Interviews were conducted with 100 chemical industry decision-makers for digitisation in Chemicals and Petrochemicals.
- Learn more about the challenges, opportunities and priorities, as well as benefits for the digital chemical plant.
Enhance Supply Chain Agility
- Enhance supply chain agility and operational processes.
- Develop a feasible strategy for digital transformation to increase agility and cut costs.
- Implement and roll out a global digital transformation programme.
Improve Capital Project Efficiency
- Enhance collaboration as well as change management across departments.
- Increase corrections for clashes and collisions by 50%.
- Run capital projects in the area, nitrogen and syngas sector with greater efficiency.
Strategise, Digitise, Simulate
To gain maximum results across your entire operation, you need to focus on the efficacies that can be gained from supply chain excellence. In Operations, in the quest for excellence, the goal is maximised profitability through well-trained operators, as well as a safe environment. Among other factors, asset excellence can examine the entire asset set in order to predict when failures may occur.