SI In the Spotlight
Endorsed System Integrator Partner
A talk with Braam Venter – Director
We asked Braam about Advansys, their relationship with Wonderware and their customers as well as his views on the current state of the industries they address. This is what he had to say:
- How did you get started in the business of industrial process control and industrial IT?
From a very young age I saw engineering as my future because I loved developing solutions to overcome its challenges. One of my personal goals was to have a company of my own and so industrial automation and Advansys became the perfect vehicle for both these ambitions.
- What is the significance and importance of Wonderware certification to you?
Product certification is very important to us. Having our systems engineers certified in the products they integrate, instils confidence in our customers that the integration will be done in accordance with best practices so as to ensure consistent, superior quality projects. This is paramount to our reputation as a system integrator.
- Why did you choose Wonderware as a solution supplier?
Wonderware has market-leading products. The combination of capability, flexibility and ease of use of the full suite of products offered by Wonderware is second to none. The range of products offers our customers a complete solution for their HMI, SCADA and Operations Management requirements. The user-friendliness of the products contributes to simplicity when managing plant operations. The professional support offered by Wonderware and the competent system integration channel gives customers the peace of mind that comes from knowing that they’re in capable hands.
- How will certification improve your business?
Certification assures our customers of our capabilities in delivering successful projects with the complete Wonderware product suite. Customers often request this assurance. As a leading Wonderware endorsed system integrator, Advansys has always viewed certification as a priority that instils confidence in our delivery.
- What trends and challenges are you seeing in your industry?
Our customers are experiencing an increasing skills shortage and it’s become our job to provide these needed skills. Our position has always been to not simply deliver a project and walk away. We rather partner with our customers and build a strong relationship with them in order to continue providing quality solutions in an atmosphere of trust. In this way, we can also share knowledge between various industries and help our customers join the ranks of worl-class manufacturers.
- How has Advansys grown and changed in the past year and where do you see yourself in the next year or two?
As a result of our ability to adapt quickly to changing industry needs and challenges, Advansys keeps growing year on year. Our aim, however, is not to grow in resource size but more in the growth of our people. That way we can control the quality of project delivery and ultimately save our customers money. We believe there are many ways our customers can lower costs! All it needs is to think outside the box. Keep things simple on the operations side, spend the time in design and, above all, innovate. These are the key elements to what we refer to as the direct approach. Never say never, we hear this too often. The world is changing at an ever faster pace and affecting industrial operations. For companies to keep up with that change in a dynamic way, they need dynamic partners.
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
Advansys has always had a solid relationship with Wonderware. We have a mutual respect for our businesses and believe in the future success that lies in partnering to create business opportunities and ultimately, happy customers.
Founded in 2008, Advansys is a South African company providing specialised industrial automation and information systems as well as consulting and project implementation services throughout Southern Africa. Advansys is also Wonderware Southern Africa’s first endorsed system integrator. In this context, “endorsed” doesn’t just mean “qualified” – it means “recommended”: And with good reason.
The company’s complement of 15 engineers and founders come from a variety of industries and are all certified in the implementation of the extensive range of Wonderware solutions in the domains of SCADA/HMI, MES/MOM and PIMS.
Advansys enjoys a well-earned reputation of professional, cost-effective and successful implementations in the food and beverage, mining, cement manufacturing, utilities and chemical industries. These successes are the result of innovation as well as industry and process knowledge coupled to the in-depth understanding of Wonderware solutions and, most importantly, a methodology that cuts through the fog of technology and focuses on satisfying customers’ needs in the most effective way. They call it “The Direct Approach”.
In a nutshell
- Founded in 2008
- 15 Wonderware-certified systems engineers
- Control system design, specification and project management
- Instrumentation specification and installation
- PLC programming and SCADA automation solutions
- MES/MOM and PIMS solutions
- Process analysis and performance optimisation
- S95 MES and vertical integration solutions
- S88 Batch execution solutions
Results speak louder than words so we invite you to have a look at some of the successes for which Advansys is responsible
- SAB manages the big picture with help from Wonderware
- SAB improves packaging line performance with help from Wonderware
- Exxaro’s Grootegeluk mine opts for intelligent production reporting with help from Wonderware
- Impala Platinum Refinery upgrades its extensive SCADA/HMI facilities
- People to make the difference between energy usage and waste at Exxaro’s Grootegeluk mine